Saturday, January 8, 2011

Something To Remember

I saw on a blog that I frequently look at for inspiration:

"Don't let today's moment forsake tomorrow's dream"

I LOVE that. It's exactly right.

Went to the movies today with one of my sons - I kept total control. So happy about that. He had popcorn, I had Diet Coke and a couple of bites of a plain hot dog, no bun. It was awesome although I did think I could have gotten by with even a little less - next time I will. It was a small amount so at least that's good.

When I got home my husband had made dinner and put the food on my plate: a massive steak and a mountain of mashed potatoes... I almost gagged. I cut a few ounces of the steak and gave the potatoes to my son... whew. added some arugala with balsamic tossed on it and a few shavings of parmesan cheese and I was OK.

I asked my sweet husband not to serve my plate next time, if he wouldn't mind... I cannot face all that food. :oP He understood, which is nice.

I thought, with all of that, I might be over my limits for the day but I'm still under by 242. :o)

Have you tried Extra "Dessert Delights" gum? I keep a pack of the Ky Lime Pie flavored at my desk... so fantastic.

It is a BATTLE. I cannot give in, no matter what. That is what that quote is all about - don't let a stinking plate full of mashed potatoes make you lose sight of the goal. Don't let anything unnecessary get in your way.

No comments:

Post a Comment

PLEASE don't bother to leave messages if they're just going to be negative - this is a POSITIVE place for acceptance.